Thursday, December 13, 2012

Santa Lucia Celebration

Today we celebrate "Santa Lucia" in Sweden. In the early morning a young girl dresses in a white dress or nightdress and a red sash. On her head she is wearing a sort of a crown and lit candles. She normally goes barefoot and brings baked saffron yeast dough that has special forms and sings the "Lucia" song.


wikipedia
My family will come to my place today and we will celebrate it here and as my sister is not to keen on being Lucia, I will be Lucia. I have been Lucia since I was a little child so I know the song by heart, but still I'm always a little bit nervous. I hope to be able to go home from work a bit earlier, so that I can bake the "Lussekatter" (That's the Swedish name for the baked goods) and I'll show you the baked forms later, so hear you later! :)

Kram,

Isabell


No comments:

Post a Comment